Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
|Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:00 pm Post subject: The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind
|[These are notes by Doug Constant, on Joseph Murphy's book, The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind]
The Higher Self is a source of positive thoughts and positive energy.
The Chatterbox is the part of us that tries to drive us crazy.
The Conscious Mind sends orders to the Subconscious Mind based on the information it gets from either the Higher Self or the Chatterbox.
The Subconscious Mind does not question or judge.
We can train it to choose from either the Higher Self or the Chatterbox. Your mind can choose to listen to your Chatterbox blabbering away with all kinds of self-defeating negativity, or it can choose to listen to your Higher Self, which is self-affirming, loving, giving and abundant.
You must realize that you do have a Chatterbox within; and you have more, including the Higher Self. Neither one is right or wrong. Each simply gives you a different experience of life. If you listen to the Chatterbox, your experience of life is fear-producing, and you stop yourself from expanding. If you listen to the Higher Self, your experience of life is joyful and abundant and devoid of fear.
You, like everyone else, are an expert at listening to your Chatterbox. Your task is now to become an expert at listening to your Higher Self. Then true choice will be possible.
1. Answered prayer is the realization of your heart’s desire.
2. Infinite riches are all around you if you will open your mental eyes and behold the treasure of infinity within you. There is a gold mine within you from which you can extract everything you need to live life gloriously, joyously, and abundantly. Whatever you want, you can draw forth.
3. You can bring into your life more power, more wealth, more health, more happiness, and more joy by learning to contact and release the hidden power of your subconscious mind. You need not acquire this power; you already possess it.
4. Within your subconscious depths lie infinite wisdom, infinite power, and infinite supply of all that is necessary, which is waiting for development and expression.
5. Within your subconscious mind you will find the solution for every problem, and the cause for every effect.
6. All your experiences, events, conditions, and acts are the reactions of your subconscious mind to your thoughts.
7. Busy your mind with the concepts of harmony, health, peace, and good will, and wonders will happen in your life.
8. A knowledge of the interaction of your conscious and subconscious mind will enable you to transform your whole life. The conscious mind is life the navigator or captain at the bridge of a ship. He directs the ship and signals orders to the men in the engine room, who in turn control all the boilers, instruments, gauges, etc. The men in the engine room do not know where they are going; they follow orders. They would goon the rocks if the man on the bridge issued faulty or wrong instructions based on his findings with the compass, sextant, or other instruments. The men in the engine room obey him because he is in charge and issues orders which are automatically obeyed. Members of the crew do not talk back to the captain; they simply carry our orders. Your conscious mind is the captain and master of your ship, which represents your body, environment, and all your affairs. Your subconscious mind takes the orders you give it based on what your conscious mind believes and accepts as true. You are like a captain navigating a ship. You must give the right orders (thoughts and images) to your conscious mind which governs and controls all your experiences. Your subconscious mind works twenty-four hours a day.
9. The law of life is the law of belief. Ideas are conveyed to the subconscious mind by repetition, faith, and expectancy. Believe in the power of your subconscious mind to heal, inspire, strengthen, and prosper you. Change your thoughts, and you change your destiny.
10. You think with your conscious mind, and whatever you habitually think sinks down into your subconscious mind, which creates according to the nature of your thoughts. Your subconscious mind is the seat of your emotions and is the creative mind.
11. Once the subconscious mind accepts an idea, it begins to execute it.
12. You will get a reaction or response from your subconscious mind according to the thought or idea you hold in your conscious mind.
13. Your conscious mind is the reasoning mind. It is that phase of mind which chooses. You make all your decisions with your conscious mind. On the other hand, without any conscious choice on your part, your vital body functions (circulation, breathing, digestion) are carried out by your subconscious mind through processes independent of your conscious mind.
14. Your subconscious mind accepts what is impressed upon it or what you consciously believe. It does not reason things out like your conscious mind.
15. Your subconscious mind does not engage in proving whether your thoughts are good or bad, true or false, but it responds according to the nature of your thoughts or suggestions.
16. Your conscious mind perceives through your five physical senses. Your conscious mind learns through observation, experience, and education. The greatest function of your conscious mind is that of reasoning.
17. Your subconscious mind perceives through intuition. It is the seat of your emotions and the storehouse of memory. Your subconscious mind works best when your conscious mind is in a suspended or sleepy, drowsy state.
18. Your subconscious mind sees without the use of the natural organs of vision. It has the capacity of clairvoyance and clair-audience. Your subconscious mind can leave your body, travel to distant lands, and bring back information oftentimes of the most exact and truthful character. Through your subconscious mind you can read the thoughts of others, read the contents of sealed envelopes and closed safes. Your subconscious mind has the ability to apprehend the thoughts of others without the use of the ordinary objective means of communication.
19. The subconscious mind cannot reason like your conscious mind.
20. The habitual thinking of your conscious mind establishes deep grooves in your subconscious mind. This is very favorable for you if your habitual thoughts are harmonious, peaceful, and constructive. If you have indulged in fear, worry, and other destructive forms of thinking, the remedy is the repetition of constructive, harmonious thoughts frequently repeated.
21. Your conscious mind is the "watchman at the gate" and its chief function is to protect your subconscious mind from false impressions.
22. Your subconscious mind cannot take a joke. It takes you at your word.
23. When you set up obstacles, impediments, and delays in your conscious mind, you are denying the wisdom and intelligence in your subconscious mind.
24. If you want the subconscious mind to work for you, give it the right request, and obtain its cooperation.
25. Your subconscious mind has a mind of its own always seeking to take care of you and preserve you, but it accepts your patterns of thought and imagery.
26. Your subconscious mind never sleeps, never rests. You can discover the miracle-power of your subconscious mind by plainly stating to your subconscious prior to sleep that you wish a certain specific thing accomplished. You will be delighted to discover that forces within you will be released, leading to the desired result.
27. Whatever thoughts, beliefs, opinions, theories, or dogmas you write, engrave, or impress on your subconscious mind, you shall experience them as the objective manifestation of circumstances, conditions, and events.
28. What you write on the inside, you will experience on the outside.
29. "The power to move the world is in your subconscious mind." William James
30. Your vitality, body, financial status, friends, and social status represent a perfect reflection of the idea you have of yourself.
31. We injure ourselves by the negative ideas which we entertain. How often have you wounded yourself by getting angry, fearful, jealous, or vengeful? These are the poisons that enter your subconscious mind. You were not born with these negative attitudes. All frustration is due to unfulfilled desires. If you dwell on obstacles, delays, and difficulties, your subconscious mind responds accordingly, and you are blocking your own good. Imagine a happy ending or solution to your problem, feel the thrill of accomplishment, and what you imagine and feel will be accepted by your subconscious mind and bring it to pass. Feed your subconscious mind life-giving thoughts, and you will wipe out all the negative patterns lodged therein.
32. Keep your conscious mind busy with the expectation of the best, and make sure the thoughts you habitually think are based on things that are lovely, true, just, and of good report. Begin now to take care of your conscious mind, knowing in your heart and soul that your subconscious mind is always expressing, reproducing, and manifesting according to your habitual thinking.
33. Belief is a thought in the subconscious mind.
34. Your thought, idea, plan, or purpose is as real on its own plane as your heart or your hand. Believe in the reality of your idea, plan, or invention, and as you do, it will become manifest.
35. All disease originates in the mind. Nothing appears on the body unless there is a mental pattern corresponding to it.
36. There is only one process of healing and that is faith.
37. Apply the power of prayer therapy in your life. Choose a certain plan, idea, or mental picture. Mentally and emotionally unite with that idea, and as you remain faithful to your mental attitude, your prayer will be answered.
38. Nothing happens by chance. This is a world of law and order.
39. Prayer is the formulation of an idea concerning something we wish to accomplish. Prayer is the soul’s sincere desire. Your desire is your prayer. It comes out of your deepest needs and it reveals the things you want in life. Picture the fulfillment of your desire now and feel its reality, and you will experience the joy of answered prayer.
40. The most fundamental and the most far-reaching activity in life is that which you build into your mentality every waking hour. Your word is silent and invisible; nevertheless, it is real. You are building your mental home all the time, and your thought and mental imagery represent your blueprint. Hour by hour, moment by moment, you can build radiant health, success, and happiness by the thoughts you think, the ideas which you harbor, the beliefs that you accept, and the scenes that you rehearse in the hidden studio of your mind. This stately mansion, upon the construction of which you are perpetually engaged, is your personality, your identity in this plane, your whole life story on this earth. Build silently by realizing, peace, harmony, joy, and good will in the present moment.
41. You must ask believing, if you are to receive. Your mind moves from the thought to the thing.
42. The easiest and most obvious way to formulate an idea is to visualize it, to see it in your mind’s eye as vividly as if it were alive.
43. What you form in your imagination is as real as any part of your body. The idea and the thought are real and will one day appear in your objective world if you are faithful to your mental image.
44. "Act as though I am, and I will be." William James
45. A mental picture is worth a thousand words. A mental picture held in the mind, backed by faith, will come to pass.
46. By entering into a sleepy, drowsy state, effort is reduced to a minimum. The conscious mind is submerged to a great extent when in a sleepy state. The reason for this is that the highest degree of outcropping of the subconscious occurs prior to sleep and just after we awaken. In this state the negative thoughts, which tend to neutralize your desire and so prevent acceptance by your subconscious mind, are no longer present. Charge your subconscious with the task of evolving an answer to any problem, prior to sleep and it will answer you.
47. The thankful heart is always close to the creative forces of the universe, causing countless blessings to flow toward it by the law of reciprocal relationship, based on the cosmic law of action and reaction.
48. To the degree that we rise in consciousness by contemplating the qualities and attributes of God, do we generate spiritual electronic waves of harmony, health, and peace.
49. When we realize that the power that moves the world is moving on our behalf and is backing up our word, our confidence and assurance grow. You do not try and add power to power; therefore, there must be no mental striving, coercion, force, or mental wrestling.
50. Your subconscious mind speaks to you in intuitions, impulses, hunches, intimations, urges, and ideas, and is always telling you to rise, transcend, grow, advance, adventure, and move forward to greater heights. The urge to love, to save the lives of others comes from the depths of your subconscious. You interfere with its life-giving patterns by negative thinking.
51. Every thought entertained by your conscious mind and accepted as true is sent by your brain to your solar plexus, the brain of your subconscious mind, to be made into your flesh, and to be brought forth into your world as a reality.
52. Many say that there is an intelligence which will take care of your body if you let it alone. That is true, but the difficulty is that the conscious mind always interferes with its five-sense evidence based on outer appearances, leading to the sway of false beliefs, fears, and mere opinion. When fear, false beliefs, and negative patterns are made to register in your subconscious mind through psychological, emotional conditioning, there is no other course open to the subconscious mind except to act on the blueprint specifications offered it.
53. Your subconscious mind has a life of its own which is always moving toward harmony, health, and peace.
54. To think correctly, scientifically, we must know the "Truth." To know the truth is to be in harmony with the infinite intelligence and power of your subconscious mind which is always moving lifeward.
55. Scientists inform us that you build a new body every eleven months. If you build defects back into your body by thoughts of fear, anger, jealousy, and ill will, you have no one to blame but yourself. Change your body by changing your thoughts and keeping them changed.
56. You are the sum total of your own thoughts.
57. Our normal state is one of vitality, health, and strength. The strongest instinct of your nature is self-preservation.
58. The principle reasons for failure are: Lack of confidence and too much effort.
59. Remember, whenever your subconscious mind accepts an idea, it immediately begins to execute it. It uses all its mighty resources to that end and mobilizes all the mental and spiritual laws of your deeper mind. This law is true for good or bad ideas. Consequently, if you use it negatively, it brings trouble, failure, and confusion. When you use it constructively, it brings guidance, freedom, and peace of mind.
60. You will always fail to get results by trying to use mental coercion - your subconscious mind does not respond to coercion, it responds to your faith or conscious mind acceptance. When your mind is relaxed and you accept an idea, your subconscious goes to work to execute the idea.
61. Think and plan independently of traditional methods. Know that there is always an answer and a solution to every problem.
62. If you get into a taxi and give half a dozen different directions to the driver in five minutes, he would become hopelessly confused and probably would refuse to take you anywhere. It is the same in working with your subconscious mind. There must be a clear-cut idea in your mind.
63. Do not be concerned with details and means, but know the end result. Get the feel of the happy solution to your problem whether it is health, finances, or employment.
64. When your desires and imagination are in conflict your imagination invariably gains the day. Take notice of what you desire versus the mental picture you are holding for yourself. Your subconscious mind is always controlled by the dominant idea. Never try to compel your subconscious mind to accept your idea by exercising will power. Such attempts are doomed to failure, and you get the opposite of what you desire.
65. The conflict of desire and imagination must be reconciled. You avoid all conflict between your desires and imagination by entering into a drowsy, sleepy state which brings all effort to a minimum. The conscious mind is submerged to a great extent when in a sleepy state. The best time to impregnate your subconscious is prior to sleep. Remember, the reason for this is that the highest degree of outcropping of the subconscious occurs prior to sleep and just after we awaken. In this state the negative thoughts and imagery which tend to neutralize your desire and so prevent acceptance by your subconscious mind no longer present themselves. When you imagine the reality of the fulfilled desire and feel the thrill of accomplishment, your subconscious brings about the realization of your desire.
66. Let the image in your mind agree with your heart’s desire.
67. Imagination is your most powerful faculty. You are what you imagine yourself to be!!
68. If you are having financial difficulties, if you are trying to make ends meet, it means you have not convinced your subconscious mind that you will always have plenty and some to spare.
69. You will not become a millionaire by saying, "I am a millionaire, I am a millionaire." You will grow into a wealth consciousness by building your mentality the idea of wealth and abundance.
70. Repeat for about 5 minutes to yourself three or four times a day, "Wealth - Success." These words have tremendous power. They represent the inner power of the subconscious mind. Anchor your mind on this substantial power within you; then conditions and circumstances corresponding to their nature and quality will be manifested in your life.
71. The feeling of wealth produces wealth; keep this in mind at all times. Your subconscious mind is like a bank, a sort of universal financial institution. It magnifies whatever you deposit or impress upon it whether it is the idea of wealth or poverty. Choose wealth.
72. Affirmations for wealth will fail if the underlying feeling is not one of prosperity. Your subconscious mind accepts what you feel to be true not just idle words or statements. The dominant idea or belief is always accepted by the subconscious mind.
73. Affirmations for wealth will also not work if you indulge in thoughts of fear ten minutes after the good was affirmed.
74. If you impress in your subconscious mind that wealth is yours, and that it is always circulating in your life, you will always and inevitable have it, regardless of the form it takes.
75. There is one emotion which is the cause of the lack of wealth in the lives of many. It is envy. To entertain envious thoughts is devastating because it places you in a very negative position; therefore wealth flows from you instead of to you.
76. Deposit thoughts of prosperity, wealth, and success in your subconscious mind, and the latter will give you compound interest.
77. It is your right to be rich. You are here to lead the abundant life and be happy, radiant and free. You are here to grow, expand, and unfold spiritually, mentally, and materially. You have the inalienable right to fully develop and express yourself along all lines. You should surround yourself with beauty and luxury. Your desire to be rich is desire for a fuller, happier, more wonderful life. It is a cosmic urge. It is not only good, it is very good.
78. Money is a symbol of exchange. When money is circulating freely in your life, you are economically healthy.
79. The urge of the life principle in you is toward growth, expansion, and the life more abundant.
80. Don’t make money your sole aim. Claim wealth, happiness, peace, true expression, and love, and personally radiate good will to all.
81. You cannot attract what you criticize.
82. Don’t love money, but respect it’s power. Use it wisely, constructively, and judiciously. Money is meant to be constantly circulating in your life. Release it with joy and watch it return to you multiplied in a wonderful way. Use it only for good and be grateful for all your good and for the riches of your mind.
83. Imagine, see, and feel the reality of what you want. Live with this idea. Sustain and nourish it with love and imagination so that it penetrates the subconscious mind until it becomes a conviction, thereby attracting everything you need to you for the fulfillment of this dream.
84. You must give to receive. You must give mental attention to your goals, ideas, and enterprises, and your deeper mind will back you up.
85. Success means successful living. A long period of peace, joy, and happiness on this plane may be termed success. The real things of life, such as peace, harmony, integrity, security, and happiness are intangible. They come from the Deep Self of man.
86. The three steps to success: 1) Find out the thing you love to do, then do it. 2) Specialize in some particular branch of work and know more about it than anyone else. 3) Be sure that the thing you want to do does not contribute to your success only - your idea must go forth with the purpose of blessing or serving the world.
87. If you can imagine an objective clearly, you will be provided with the necessities, in ways you know not of, through the wonder-working power of your subconscious mind.
88. The subconscious mind is a storehouse of memory. It retains everything. This infinite intelligence of the subconscious mind is all-wise.
89. As within, so without.
90. Remember always, that what you are seeking is also seeking you.
91. The idea of success contains all the elements of success. Repeat the word, "success," to yourself frequently with faith and conviction, and you will be under a subconscious compulsion to succeed.
92. Your subconscious mind is timeless and spaceless. Go to bed and turn over whatever requests you have or problems you want solved in your life. You may not get an answer overnight, however don’t be discouraged. Repeat this process every evening. Have an abiding faith that the answer will come.
93. When you have what you term a "difficult decision" to make, or when you fail to see a solution to a problem, begin at once to think constructively about it. If you are fearful and worried, you are not really thinking. True thinking is free from fear.
94. There is a universal law of action and reaction. The action is your thought. The reaction is the response from your subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is reactive and reflexive; this is its nature. It rebounds, rewards, and repays. If your thoughts are wise, your actions and decisions will be wise.
95. The secret of guidance or right action is to mentally devote yourself to the right answer, until you find its response in you. The response is a feeling, an inner awareness, an overpowering hunch whereby you know that you know.
96. Any mental picture, backed by faith and perseverance, will come to pass through the miracle-working power of your subconscious. Trust it, believe in its power, and wonders will happen as you pray.
97. Remember, you are spiritually recharged during sleep, and adequate sleep is essential to produce joy and vitality in life.
98. Your future is in your subconscious mind now, based on your habitual thinking and beliefs. Claim infinite intelligence leads and guides you and that all good is yours, and your future will be wonderful. Believe it and accept it. Expect the best, and invariably the best will come to you. Trust your subconscious completely. Know that its tendency is always lifeward.
99. When you mentally and emotionally unite with an idea, it becomes part of you.
100. Marriage to be real must first be on a spiritual basis. It must be of the heart, and the heart is the chalice of love. Honesty, sincerity, kindness, and integrity are also forms of love.
101. Ignorance of mental and spiritual laws is the cause of all marital unhappiness. By praying scientifically together, you stay together.
102. Marriage does not bequeath happiness. People find happiness by dwelling on the eternal truths of God and spiritual values of life.
103. You must build into your mentality the mental equivalent of what you want in a marriage partner. If you want to attract an honest, sincere, and loving partner in life, you must be an honest, sincere, and loving partner.
104. True and lasting happiness will come into your life the day you get the clear realization that you can overcome any weakness - the day you realize that your subconscious can solve your problems, heal your body, and prosper you beyond your fondest dream.
105. When you trust in the power of your subconscious mind to lead, guide, govern, and direct all your ways, you will become poised, serene, and relaxed. As you radiate love, peace, and good will to all, you are really building a superstructure of happiness for all the days of your life.
106. Happiness is a state of mind. You have the freedom to choose happiness. Begin now to choose happiness. This is how you do it: When you open your eyes in the morning, say to yourself, "Divine order takes charge of my life today and every day. All things work together for good for me today. This is a new and wonderful day for me. There will never be another day like this one. I am divinely guided all day long, and whatever I do I will prosper. Divine love surrounds me, enfolds me, and enwraps me, and I go forth in peace. Whenever my attention wanders from that which is good and constructive, I will immediately bring it back to the contemplation of that which is attracting to myself all things that which bless and prosper me. I am going to be a wonderful success in all my undertakings today. I am definitely going to be happy all day long. Start each day in this manner; then you will be choosing happiness, and you will be a radiant joyous person.
107. There is one very important point about being happy. You must sincerely desire to be happy. Nothing is accomplished without desire. Desire is a wish with wings of imagination and faith.
108. Happiness is a habit.
109. Begin to realize that the world you live in is determined largely by what goes on in your mind.
110. The thoughts you habitually entertain in your mind have the tendency to actualize themselves in physical conditions.
111. The kingdom of happiness is in your thought and feeling.
112. When fearful or angry thoughts come into your mind, say the following: "Peace, harmony, and poise govern my mind at all times.
113. The happiest man is he who constantly brings forth and practices what is best in him.
114. Express more of God’s love, light, truth, and beauty, and you will become one of the happiest person’s in the world today.
115. Each morning say to yourself, "I choose happiness today. I choose success today. I choose right action today. I choose love and good will for all today. I choose peace today." Pour life, love, and interest into this affirmation, and you have chosen happiness.
A young man asked Socrates how he could get wisdom. Socrates replied, "Come with me."
He took the lad to a river, pushed the boy’s head under water, held it there until the boy was gasping for air, then relaxed and released his head. When the boy regained his composure, Socrates asked him, "What did you desire most when you were under water?"
"I wanted air," said the boy.
Socrates said to him, "When you want wisdom as much as you wanted air when you were immersed in the water, you will receive it." Likewise, when you really have an intense desire to overcome any block in your life, and you come to a clear-cut decision that there is a way out, and that is the course you wish to
follow, then victory and triumph are assured.
|| Article, The Power of Your Subconscious Mind.pdf
|| 123.82 KB
|| 748 Time(s)